I am always searching for different fun recipes that I can make for my family. I found a bunch that had both the oatmeal and banana ingredients that I was looking for but none seemed quite right to me. So I decided to make my own. While these could very well be morning muffins- they are so moist and fluffy, the word cupcake is way more appropriate. I don’t like too much frosting, so I just opted not to make one- although a simple cream cheese or butter cream would work.
Give it a try and tell me what you think!
Oatmeal Banana Cupcakes
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup honey
dash or two vanilla
1 teaspoon (or less) cinnamon
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1)In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
2) Add eggs, bananas and honey; mix well.
3) Combine dry ingredients (except cinnamon); stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
4) Add cinnamon in and stir, then add vanilla and stir.
5) Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
6) Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until cupcakes test done.
7) Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Prep Time: 20-25 mins, Bake: 20 mins, Cool: 10 min
Total: 50-55 mins, Makes 12