I have mentioned many times before that in this household, my husband is the chef. He loves cooking and Sofia and I enjoy eating that cooking, so it works! However, he isn’t too keen on baking but I love it. I mean really… a chance to relax and create something delicious and that looks pretty? Yea– I’m all over it.
We have had dessert practically with every dinner we have had at home. We consider it a nice little treat at the end of a hard day whether it be tackling a social media empire (ahem), producing quality plates on the fly for the man, or the hard woes of learning basic addition in preschool…we all deserve that little something to look forward to at the end of the day.
Sometimes though, there is just NO time to get a perfect dessert ready… and in those times I like to get a little creative and just kinda throw things together than I know we all love. In these times, I tend to focus on COOL WHIP Whipped Topping because we all love it. It can be used on ice cream, on pies, brownies, anything- you name it. It just completes the delicious treat at home and makes it just a little extra yummy. COOL WHIP not only is delicious but it makes even the easiest desserts look extra special and that’s important to me because while I don’t want to spend too much time making something after a long day, I want it to look like I tried (you know what I mean? LOL)
My favorite- make it yummy and pretty treat?
Pudding Pastry Cups
1 box JELL-0 Pudding Mix (any flavor, make as directed)
6 Pastry Shells (frozen or you can make them yourself)
10 Strawberries (4 cut into slices, the rest leave whole)
1 tub of COOL WHIP
- Make Pastry Shells as directed, either your own or frozen. Set aside to cool for 20 mins.
- Make Pudding as directed. I used the quick way-3 cups COLD milk with package and beat for 2-5 mins. Sit in fridge til ready to use.
- Rinse Strawberries and cut 4 or 5 up into slices. Leave the remaining whole, with stems.
- Get all your prepared items together and the COOL WHIP out of the fridge.
- Spoon Pudding into Pastry Shells until the Shell is full.
- Put about 2-3 strawberry slices on top of Pudding in shell.
- Top off white about 2 spoonfulls of COOL WHIP.
- If your shell had a lid, set on top of COOL WHIP.
Voila! Easy dessert in under 30 mins (less if everything is premade!)
There will be plenty of pudding and COOL WHIP left over for a treat another day of the week or to amaze that unexpected guest! They will think you are a genius!
Sponsored posts are purely editorial content that we are pleased to have presented by a participating sponsor. Advertisers do not produce the content. I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all my own.