A combination of sparkling and sweet, pink champagne can add the perfect amount of sass to your baked goods! I first heard of pink champagne as a cake flavor when I was choosing a wedding cake several years ago. Out of curiosity, I had to try it. The tiny bubbles made the cake moist and fluffy with a light champagne flavor.
The best part of this recipe is that you don’t have to advanced in baking to make it. It is as simple as baking a regular box cake mix and substituting the water for an equal amount of pink champagne! These cupcakes are a fabulous treat to serve at bridal showers, bachelorette parties, or birthday celebrations.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Pink Champagne Cupcakes
1 Box White Cake Mix
1 ¼ C Pink Champagne
3 Egg Whites
1/3 C Oil
3 Drops of Red Food Coloring
- Container White Frosting
- Tablespoons Pink Champagne
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with standard size cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry cake mix, pink champagne, egg whites and oil. Add 3 drops of red food coloring to give the cupcakes a nice pink color.
- Using a mixer, mix the ingredients on high for approximately 3 minutes and then on medium until all ingredients are combined thoroughly.
- Fill the cupcake liners approximately ? of the way full of the mixture.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out completely clean.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine a container of white frosting (I used the whipped frosting) and add about 2 Tablespoons of pink champagne. If you use the whipped frosting, be careful to not add a lot of the champagne because it will make your frosting runny. Using a whisk, beat the mixture until stiff.
For the cupcakes in the photo, I used a size 12 Wilton tip to frost the cupcakes and Wilton Pearlized Sprinkled in Pink.
Recipe yields approximately 16 – 18 cupcakes, depending on how generous you are when filling them.
If you are only making one batch you will also have ? of the bottle of pink champagne left. I usually enjoy a glass while I’m waiting for the cupcakes to bake and another few glasses after I have finished decorating them. Inviting a friend over during the baking process is highly recommended for these cupcakes!
Amanda is the owner of Midwestern Moms, a blog featuring delicious recipes, fun craft tutorials, product reviews and occasional giveaways. She currently resides in Nebraska with her husband and 2-year old daughter.