Ah, Summer…the BBQ’s, the beach, the friends and family, the strawberries…
Mmmm.. that’s right, Strawberries!
A couple weeks ago, I headed to Monterey to hang out with the fabulous folks of the California Strawberry Commission on a farm that grew strawberries both conventionally and organically. Let me tell you, it definitely wasn’t something I would have expected. I will fill you in on more about my time in Monterey in a couple days but not before giving you a little something I came up with inspired by summer and strawberries.
(serves about 4-5)
7-8 stemmed strawberries
1 bunch of mint
2 limes, quartered & juiced
2 cups of Sierra Mist (or a lemon-lime flavor soda)
1 cup of Bacardi (or any white rum)
3-4 tbsps of Sugar
- Take one of the lime quarters and run along the rim of tumblers/glasses.
- Pour 2 tbsps of sugar onto a flat surface and run rims against it.
- Set glasses aside.
- Juice the quartered limes into a pitcher.
- Throw in the juiced limes, strawberries, and mint (with stems cut off).
- Add 1-2 tbsp of sugar.
- Get a muddler and muddle (hehe) all together til strawberries are in pieces.
- Add Sierra Mist and Rum and Stir.
- Add Ice to glasses and pour Strawberry Mojito mix.
- Sit back, lounge and enjoy.
*to make a non-alcoholic version, just omit the rum- still refreshing and delicious!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in conjunction with a partnership with the California Strawberry Commission. All opinions are my own.