When those first days of summer kick in, thoughts are full of beach days, BBQs, traveling with your friends and family and more. What you should also be thinking about, is your skin and keeping it safe under that hot summer sun.
Being a mom, I am always making sure my daughter is safe and happy, every summer I make sure she does not walk out the door without some major sun block on. Yet, being a mom, I also forget to take the same assurances with myself. Eucerin is making it easy this summer with two amazing products you can easily use every day before you walk out the door.
- Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Body Lotion Sunscreen SPF 15 (13.5 oz.) – Helps protect skin from daily sun exposure with a lotion specifically formulated to moisturize and protect. This light, fast-absorbing formula with SPF 15 sunscreen provides 24-hour moisture and helps defend against sunburn.
- Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion Sunscreen SPF 30 (4 oz.) – This lightweight, gentle broad spectrum SPF 30 formula with UVA/UVB sunscreens including zinc oxide and titanium dioxide helps defend against long-term sun damage and also provides effective moisturization.
· Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before you head outside. Don’t forget places like the tops of your ears, nose, eyelids, lips, back, hands, feet, shoulders and backs of thighs. Be sure to reapply your sunscreen or a lotion with SPF every 2 hour or more frequently, and if you’re swimming at the pool or beach make sure to use a water resistant, broad spectrum sunscreen.
· Wear sun protective clothing – Did you know fabrics have an ultraviolet protection factor (UPF) rating that measures their level of UV protection? These fabrics provide more protection than other clothing due to the tighter woven fabric. Look for clothing with a UPF rating of 30 or higher.
· Wear sunglasses to help protect eyes and sensitive skin around them from ultraviolet light
· Wear a hat – A wide-brimmed hat can shield your skin from the sun’s harsh rays.
· Use Daily lightweight moisturizers that have SPF to protect skin even on cloudy days - Eucerin Daily Protection Lotions are lightweight SPF moisturizers that provide head-to-toe sun protection. SPF 15 Body Lotion helps protect against daily UV exposure while SPF 30 Face Lotion moisturizes and protects with UVA/UVB sunscreens.
· Stay inside or seek shade when the sun’s rays are the strongest – between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. A beach umbrella or portable shelter can help protect your skin from the heat and sun’s rays.
Disclosure: I received some/all products mentioned above as Eucerin Skin First Network Ambassador . All opinions are my own.