When I was looking for a great recipe to use for a June promotion I was working on, I came across this cream I had never heard of. Now, I am usually pretty leery of creamy substances (I also have a mild lactose intolerance) but the raves on this cream were just too much for me not to try it out myself. Here is the original recipe from Food.com and my re-creation with just some measurement variations below.
Strawberries in Devonshire Cream
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
8-10 large strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Whip cream cheese with mixer until softened, or about 5 mins.
- Add cream slowly until the mixture is smooth.
- Turn off mixer and grab a wooden spoon to stir in vanilla extract.
- Add powdered sugar. Allow cream to cool.
- When ready to serve, place a layer of berries at the bottom of your glass/tumbler/plate
- Spoon the cream over the strawberries, and layer to taste.