Los Angeles, I’m Kinda In Love With You #LoveThisCity #Cbias #SocialFabric

There’s something special about being from Los Angeles that being from any other city can’t match. Believe me, I have heard the arguments. Sure, I am biased… I was born right in the heart of L.A. Just two miles outside of downtown and on the edge of Echo Park at Queen of Angels Hospital (a building rich in Los Angeles history and is now, a Dream Center) is where I took my very first breaths. I grew up in Lincoln Heights, right by Chinatown til I was 8, when my family moved to the infamously known “Valley.” When I left home at the age of 20, I headed to the East Coast, so sure that L.A. was not a part of me and so eager to prove I belonged elsewhere.

I did, for awhile, until it came time to have my own family. As soon as my daughter was born, I knew I wanted to come home. Los Angeles was in my blood… I wanted my daughter to have the same upbringing I did, so home we came.

TheLondonHotelWestHollywood

The view from the rooftop of The London West Hollywood

You see, Los Angeles is more than a city…it’s a lifestyle. It’s a city so big, that you can tour the entire world within it’s boundaries. Even being a native I get lost in it, so sometimes I like to see what travel guides get to say about Los Angeles. I was happy to find Priceless.com and see some of their recommendations. I was impressed that they had some selections that I felt, as a native, should be tried. Like the Aquarium of The Pacific…definitely a must, and I highly recommend checking out the whale watching tours. Also, a must… a Dodger game!

The Dodgers may have once been a NY Team, but Angelenos bleed blue. So I was especially intrigued when I noticed a special offer that Priceless was offering just for MasterCard holders where you get to enjoy a special dinner with the Dodgers GM and get a recap of 2012, as well as his outlook for 2013.

Los Angeles is more than just sports…it’s food…

Delicious Healthy Fritatta at Fig Restaurant in Santa Monica

It’s a family day at the beach…

It’s Disneyland

Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty Castle all dolled up for the holidays…

It’s Theater and the Arts…

Amazing run of Anything Goes at the Ahmanson Theater in Downtown L.A.

Yes, Los Angeles… I’m kinda in love with you.  You can fall in love with Los Angeles too! To get ultimate Los Angeles Experiences visit http://priceless.com/losangeles or Follow on Twitter at @Priceless!

Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias®  and MasterCard #CBias #SocialFabric #LoveThisCity. All Opinions are my own.

Comments

1. Janet W. says

I would love to visit L.A. again. It’s been years since I’ve been last and I know there is a ton of more things to do now!

2. says

It’s funny. I’ve met lots of people that have a love/hate relationship with LA…. and it’s just hard for me when I meet people that don’t love this city. There really is something for everyone.

Glad you came back Yolanda, and I bet your daughter is loving this city.

3. Richard Hicks says

I visited LA probably 15 years ago or so. It was a nice city and SO MUCH to do. Would love to go back and see all the changes!

4. Kay C says

I have never been, but you certainly make it sound more appealing than anything else I have read regarding LA. I think living so far away the news is always sad and bitter, so if LA is mentioned it is not in favorable light. Thanks for your view.

5. Michelle S says

I wasn’t too impressed living in SoCal lol. L.A. was kind of a rundown city and surrounding cities. Of course if you live in the glamorous side of town it’s a different story. It has it’s gems, but I loved King Taco the most from L.A. haha.

• says

I think if you came back you’d be surprised. The run down area has a culture of their own too…but areas like Downtown and NoHo have gotten a huge facelift and have become very interesting places to live/work in. :)

6. Jo-Ann Brightman says

It has been 30 years since I last was in LA – so a lot has changed , but I know that for some people it has always been and will be a magical place.

7. Vanessa Aguirre says

I have family living in LA but never been there, I would love to visit one day. It looks amazing!

8. Holly Trudeau says

I love LA! Been there twice and didn’t want to leave each time! Just the culture and history is reason enough to love the city!

9. says

I am a native Angeleno, born and raised here. The haters don’t understand this city. It really is an amazing place with more options, opportunities and experiences than most can imagine.

There is no other place like it.

10. says

I moved away from Los Angeles a few years ago and still miss the city. Your photos are wonderful and make me very homesick.

11. Tammy S says

I love to visit LA. I just don’t know if I could live there. It’s a little to crowded for me. I would love to come and do the whale watching tour. that sounds like a ton of fun.

12. Jane Ritz says

Your pictures are great. I’ve never been to LA but it looks pretty. No matter where you’re born-Home is Home , everyone should love where they came from.