Starting the New Year Light: International Delight #LightIcedCoffee #SocialFabric #Cbias

IMG_8480

Every year I make the same resolutions… get healthy, lose weight, be more active and sleep more. Yet, every year I lose big time on all of them. It usually starts when a diet I am on says I can’t have my daily coffee anymore. I try for like, a day, and then bam… I just can’t go without. I have a bit of a coffee addiction. It’s truly my love. Some people love chocolate, I prefer to drink a heavenly iced coffee. My favorite? International Delight Iced Coffee of course!

Earlier this year, I introduced International Delight Iced Coffee, had a little time with friends and even created a fun recipe, my Iced Coffee Mousse, all with it. The reactions were always the same- YUM but we wish the sugar was lower. Well, now it is!

Yes, now it contains 1/3 less calories than your average coffee house iced coffee..and for way less of a price too. Basically what I would pay for one coffee drink at a coffee house, I can get about 20 of my own (just check how much I saved on the widget on my sidebar…yup..that’s about 2 weeks worth!). Less calories, less sugar but still absolutely delicious!

It’s become my morning staple…and now that I am about to start my weightloss attempt for 2013, I am happy that I can keep it on my new diet plan. It’s nice to know that I can start my new year off right and not sacrifice one of my favorite things. I can’t imagine what my breakfast would be like without it.

Not just breakfast, I very often work late nights and get up super early to get my daughter to school and the husband off to work, so I need that pick me up midday when my energy starts to wane. I just pour myself some in my to-go cup and take it with me to run errands, to go to events or now, head to the gym.

Make sure you follow International Delight via Twitter and Facebook to stay up to date with their latest news, promotions and coupons.

I think it’s time for me to create a new recipe… I’m thinking a Dia de los Reyes inspired Tres Leches Iced Latte. What do you think?

Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias®  and WhiteWave #CBias #SocialFabric. All thoughts, opinions and photos are 100% my own and may not be reproduced without written permission by Sassy Mama in L.A.

Comments

1. Carrie Phelps says

The pictures you’ve posted make me want to have a glass of ice coffee myself! It looks delicious and I love that it has fewer calories.

2. betty dennis says

We have another snow storm starting this afternoon and I’m totally hot coffee for the winter season. But when NJ warms up, I’d appreciate a decaf version. Hot or cold, I have to switch to decaf in the afternoon or I’m up all night

3. Nancy Hilderbrand says

Love International iced coffee Mocha. Nice to know I can still use it while watching my weight.

4. Jo-Ann Brightman says

I am more of a chocolate drinker/eater, but these photos and the fact that it is 1/3 less sugar moght just change my mind about coffee.

5. Donna George says

I love the original, but was worried about the calories. Nice that they are able to reduce the calories and keep the taste.

6. Kayleen Considine says

We like International Delight to flavor our hot coffee. I’ll have to try this, especially in the month of summer we have here :). I do like hot coffee in the winter though because it rains a lot and the wet coldness goes right through you.

7. Rosie says

I luv coffee, too. This light version is very interesting, as yes, you can drink it and make recipes with it, guilt free!! You could flavor the coffee with peppermint or other flavors, too. I never heard of this before!!!

8. Luz herrera says

I love coffee, especially the mocha! and eh never tried these “International Delight Iced Coffee” But I love light and better!

9. Daraya says

Thanks for posting! I always see those in the store. Now I know that they are delicious! Now I’ll have to try them too! :)

10. Christine says

i love iced coffee, it usually is too messy and takes too long to make just right. Thanks for the review, I’m going to get this on my next trip to the grocery store.

11. says

I have been dying to try this and now I think I will. Thank you so much for talking about it as it has always looked so yummy when I walk by at the grocery store!

12. s riches says

Ilike to drink iced coffee in the summer. I like that these have fewer calories. Thanks!

Trackbacks

1. […] Yolanda is ready to start the new year out right by making some sacrifices to get fit & healthy, but giving up her morning coffee routine doesn’t have to be one of them!  A self-professed coffee addict, Yolanda discovered new International Delight Light Iced Coffee that will save her both calories & money in 2013.  See how she’s going to start the New Year out “Light“! […]