I meet a lot of fascinating people in this space…some are not so wonderful, but most are incredible people that inspire me and push me to achieve more every single day.
One of these amazing people is Claudya of the Unknown Mami. In early 2012, she made a post in a group we are both in just declaring to the universe what her goals where. She put it out to our group and yelled it to the world. It inspired a few of us to do the same. My goal for 2012 was to be a paid writer…not just a blogger. Late October/Early November, Babble made that goal come true.
This year, I have BIG goals. So big, that I wonder if I’m reaching too high? But how can you touch the stars if you don’t take the leap right? I declared it in our group, but since I am aiming big, I am gonna leave it here for the interwebs to see.
I want a big byline. I’m talking New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Time Magazine, Real Simple, Woman’s Day, Entertainment Weekly and more. I want to publish a book in the style of Jennifer Weiner, Emily Giffin and I want that book to lead me to a Nora Ephron like career. Maybe that interview with Nicholas Sparks kicked me into gear. Maybe this is just me finally realizing what I want…and who I was always meant to be.
So what does this mean for the blog as it is?
- Well, less giveaways. I will have them with brands I work with on a long term basis and if I think would benefit my readers. I won’t go nuts with them though. So if the giveaways are why you stuck around, I’m sorry but I promise you’ll like the new me just a little more. I have about 8-10 or so I still need to run that are leftover from the holidays and some I think are just fun this month, but after that, I guess we’ll see!
- More photos. If you have been reading me over time, you may have noticed my photos went from crap to hey-thats-kinda-pretty around March. That’s cause I bought me a semi pro camera and have been buying lenses for all occasions since. I’m not a pro, but I really hope by implementing one photo post a week, it will make this blogo a tad more pleasing and give me a new fun hobby.
- FOOOOOOOOD. I Love food. Writing about it and well, eating it. I’ll be writing 2-3 recipes a month and capturing food pics wherever I may be. Cause food is good.
- I’m so L.A. so I gotta do film. I have been an avid movie watcher since I was about 3 yrs old. When I started reviewing movies here, suddenly my world expanded. I have met and interviewed greats like Betty White, Tim Burton and Cameron Crowe. This is not stopping… at all. If anything, I will be bringing more of this right here.
- More Me! I am a storyteller and I miss telling my stories. I need it again.
So 2013…I may be a little late on this (ok, like a month), but I’m ready. New York Times? I’m coming for you.