It’s become somewhat of a tradition for my family..the one time we all know we’ll be home- Sunday Family Dinner. Depending on time, my husband and I decide what we’ll be making and we each take part in creating or family meal. This past week we felt like having some Italian eats, and as we were doing our shopping at our local Smart and Final, we checked out some pretty awesome products from La Romanella and grabbed a few items to whip up a fancy feast for our family.
What did we make? See the recipes below for a delicious Quick Minestrone Soup Recipe and our Zesty Chicken Linguine Recipe. Both take under 30 minutes to prepare!
Right now, if you purchase any 1 La Romanella product and enter your register reward online HERE to be entered to win a Weekend in Las Vegas or a $50 Smart Cash card! Also, see below the recipes for your chance to enter to win 4 passes to Disneyland to celebrate Family Time!
Quick Minestrone Soup Recipe
Ingredients- (Prep: 8-9 minutes, Cook: 20-25 mins)
1 medium onion, chopped
3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup chopped fresh kale
1 cup spinach leaves
1 cup La Romanella penne pasta
1 teaspoon italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, add 3/4 cup broth and chopped onions, over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, or until onions look clear.
- Add 1/2 cup broth and garlic. Cook for 5 additional minutes.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and add Italian seasoning, rosemary red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste before serving.
Zesty Chicken Linguine Recipe
Ingredients- (Prep: 10 mins, Cook: 10 mins)
1 pound La Romanellla linguine pasta
1 cup chopped La Romanella sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
1 cup (4 ounces) medium green olives, pitted
1 packed cup fresh basil leaves
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
3/4 cup La Romanella grated Parmesan
Salt and black pepper
- Add water to large pot, add a few dashes of salt and heat on high until boiling. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm, stirring occasionally, for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and save about 1 cup of the pasta water. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl.
- In a blender, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, basil, garlic, oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Blend so that it’s mixed but still chunky.
- Add the Parmesan cheese to the pasta and toss well. Pour the tomato mixture on top and toss until the pasta is coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Smart & Final #CBias #ChooseSmart #SocialFabric