Growing up in a Peruvian household there were 3 items that were staples in our home. I mean, you could literally find these food items at any given time, and if you didn’t, my abuelita and mom would have had a heart attack. The items were: Arroz (white rice), limón (lime) and Kikkoman Soy Sauce. Whenever my mom was stuck on what to make for dinner, she would whip something together using the 3 ingredients and a couple herbs, meat and bam! Deliciousness.
Pollo A La Brasa has been a dish I enjoyed at restaurants and at family cook outs. It is a somewhat long process, and involves rotesserie style cooking over charcoals that are cooling down, and turned on a spike for hours. Making it myself always seemed out of the question, until now! Check my recipe below and try it yourself. I paired mine with a side of Papa A La Huancaina (post coming eventually…lol)… you can pair yours with anything from rice to tortillas!
Pollo A La Brasa Sorta Quick Recipe
1/2 cup Kikkoman Low Sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
4 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 whole chicken
1 lime, quartered (optional for garnish)
- Combine Kikkoman, Lime Juice, Garlic, Cumin, Paprika and oil in blender. Pulse on High on/off for about 2-3 minutes.
- Put clean chicken (with skin on) in large bowl, add marinade. Make sure the chicken is coated entirely. Cover with saran wrap and leave in fridge for 6-24 hours. (See.. I said SORTA quick!)
- Preheat over to 450.
- Place Chicken in roasting pan with 1-2 cups of water. Create a tent with foil to cover chicken. Roast for 25 mins. Turn, roast an additional 20 mins.
- Check chicken to make sure juices run clear. If they don’t, roast an additional 15 mins with 1 more cup of water.
- Done! Cut, plate and serve with lime garnish. YUM.
Disclosure: This is a compensated post in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Kikkoman. All thoughts, opinions, pictures are 100% my own and may not be used, republished or reposted without express written consent.