Disclosure: This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Avocados from Mexico. All thoughts, opinions are 100% my own. Pictures are the original work and sole property of Sassy Mama in L.A. and may not be used, republished or reposted without express written consent. Any violation will be pursued to the furthest extent of the law.
To me, avocados aren’t just any food….they are THE food. It’s a food that has been with me since I was very young and that I have eaten in many variations. In guacamole…in tacos…tortas…even in pudding! My grandmother used to just hand me a spoon and an avocado when I was young, and it would be my snack. My husband and I are constantly trying to find new ways to use and devour this delicious fruit. We live in L.A. and it’s not hard to get creative with our palettes…but this week has been a scorcher and we just wanted to stay out of the kitchen! Temps were in the 100-104 range and all I wanted to do was eat frozen treats and stay in the A.C. all day. That was the inspiration behind this recipe…getting my favorite fruit in a delicious, frozen form.
Paletas de Aguacate con Arándanos Azules y Bananas (Avocado Blueberry Banana Popsicles)
1 cup water
2/3 cup sugar
2 small Avocados, pitted and skinned
1 cup blueberries
1 ripe banana, skinned and chopped
- Add water and sugar to a pot and heat til sugar is dissolved. Set aside and let cool for 10-15 mins.
- In a blender, combine water mixture and remaining ingredients. Blend on high for about 4-5 minutes.
- Pour into paleta molds (popsicle molds). Insert popsicle sticks (tip: wet ends in warm water for about 30 seconds and insert. These help weigh the sticks down to stay put!) This made 10 for me.
- Freeze 4-5 hours, or overnight.
- Remove and enjoy, or store in zip lock bags until used.
I’m sharing this recipe on the Avocados from Mexico page, where they have lots of delicious avocado recipes submitted by users everywhere. Have a great recipe? Make sure to submit your avocado recipe to Avocados from Mexico !