Easy Beauty Tips To Combat #ALLERGYFACE

Disclosure: This post is part of a sponsored campaign on behalf of Latina Bloggers Connect and the makers of ZYRTEC®

Last month, I shared a few tips with you from Carmen Ordoñez of VivaFashionBlog.com. Her tips are so so helpful and I love them. In fact, near the end of this post, you’ll find even more helpful tips from Carmen.

This summer has definitely been a season of ALLERGYFACE for us. From my runny nose, to my husbands itchy eyes, we’ve been through it this summer. Plus, it’s been hot. Yuck. We have had to try everything to not only feel better, but look.. well, not like night of the living allergies. It’s been an interesting time, but we’ve come up with a couple tips of our own.

• Keep hydrated. Drinking lots of water will help keep your skin looking refreshed and moisturized, even in the highest of allergy days.
  • Ice Cubes. Ice cubes can help reduce the look of puffiness and swelling from those icky sinus flareups and more.
  • Makeup. Less is more. When allergies are at it’s peak, your skin usually suffers and looks dry. Makeup makes it look worse, so best to moisturize, use some primer to make your foundation last all day. Or, go sheer and add splash of bronzer for sun kissed look. I tend to just add some concealer and a dab of powder around my nose (keep away the shine!).
  • Keep your lips kissable. Use some petroleum jelly or lip balm to keep your lips smooth and flake free.

Here’s a great video from Carmen and Zyrtec with lots more tips. For product savings and rewards to help you feel better, visit Zyrtec.com and Facebook.com/ZYRTEC.

Make sure you visit YouTube.com/Zyrtec to view the three-part ALLERY FACE™ video series. Also, be sure to follow Carmen on Twitter at @VivaFashion and check out her blog www.VivaFashionBlog.com for her latest ALLERGY FACE™ tips and tricks.

Comments

1. Tammy S says

I think drinking enough water is really the key. If you don’ stay hydrated it can really show around your eyes. I also sleep with extra pillows to prop my head up. that helps keep you from having puffy eyes.

2. Mer says

Oh allergies. It seems like I’ve got allergy face all spring. I think the hardest thing for me is to resist the temptation to pile on the makeup, even though it does make things look worse.

3. Sharon says

i’d never thought to use ice cubes before but yeah it makes sense, cold reduces swelling… thx!

4. Maria Iemma says

That red runny nose is not very attractive. I will abe using the ice cubes and I’ll let you know how it works for me.

5. Jo-Ann Brightman says

I believe in drinking a great deal and I shall try the ice cubes. I always use lip balm.

6. Pam H. says

This post couln’t come at a better time. I just started a new job and, wouldn’t you know, my fall allergies are acting up. I’ve been using cold compresses, but now I have even more great tips to follw. Thank you.

7. judy gardner says

thanks for the tips! i like the idea of less make up during fare ups. after all, when i am having to blow my nose a lot i dont want to have to worry about smudged make up!

8. Katy says

Thanks for the links to the coupons. My allergies have been the worst this year and I definitely get the puffy eyes and red skin!

9. Shani F. says

I think water is a key component to keeping a fresh well-hydrated face. I don’t always remember to drink as much as I should, but I do know that my skin can tell the difference when I do.

10. Rebecca Parsons says

Great tips. The one I like the most is water, because it really does make you all around healthier.

11. Becky S says

My allergies just started flaring up the past couple days. I will have to try some of these.

12. Julie Wood says

Allergy face is awful! I like these tips and make sure to drink lots of water! I have not used ice cubes for my allergy face, but next time I will. Thanks for the awesome tips to help me with my allergy face.