When the holidays arrive, my home is usually bustling with people daily. It’s either with family that stops by to drop off items for our Christmas celebration, or friends of my daughter who run in and out, giggling and working up an appetite. I try to make sure I keep extra snacks and drinks on hand for everyone and sometimes I like to give an extra treat. It gives me my “cool mom” status among my daughter’s friends and keeps my family coming back (which is a good and a bad thing!).
For these occasions, I like to throw together something quick, easy, but ever so delicious…cause I can’t lose that cool mom status. I mean, seriously, I only have a few more years of that left. At my local Ralph’s, I saw a box of chocolates that I remembered from my childhood…Hawaiian Host Aloha Macs!
My grandfather used to buy small gift boxes of the Aloha Macs and give us one every so often as a treat. He was kinda like a kid at heart, so he knew these delicious chocolate covered macadamias were our favorite sweet treat.
What better to serve to my loved ones than something made with the very thing I was given by my grandfather? Check out these delicious pudding parfaits I made with a recipe provided by Hawaiian Host.
Easy Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate AlohaMac Pudding Parfaits
- Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate AlohaMacs 7 oz. (14 pieces)
- Vanilla pudding mix 1 box (4.6 oz.)
- Whipping cream 2 cups
- Granulated sugar 2-3 Tbsp.
- Serving glasses such as wine or martini
- Chop Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate AlohaMacs, and set aside 1/3 to use as a topping and 2/3 for the pudding.
- Cook vanilla pudding according to package directions.
- When pudding is done and warm, stir in 2/3 of the Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate AlohaMacs.
- Cover with wax paper on top (avoids film). Cool. Place in refrigerator.
- Whip the cream and add sugar to taste.
- When pudding is cold, layer glasses with pudding, sprinkle with chopped Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate AlohaMacs, then layer whipping cream. Alternate. (Layers should be approximately 1 inch).
1. Use low-fat milk for a lower calorie pudding.
2. Use prepared whipping cream to save time.
Servings: 10 – 14 servings (glass size determines portions)
When I set that gorgeous parfait down for my husband, his eyes went wide and then he ate it right up. Like in seconds! So yea…this is “the” treat I will be serving to anyone that walks through my doors the next week or so.