I am a member of the Lowe’s Creators and Influencers and received a gift card for the project below. However, all opinions and photos are my own.
It’s back to school time aka the happiest season for parents! Because one can only watch so many Disney Channel and hear “I’m boreeeed” before going loopy. Sofia was excited too, and nervous. A new class, new teacher, new friends! I remember my nerves those first days. So, one day to pass the time and calm her nerves I decided- hey! Let’s make something together. Since she’s almost 7 yrs old, her answer is still… yay! I will be sad when that changes to, no mom, eww. But, here we are and I came up with this neat little craft that’s easy to make and your kiddo can play artiste with their own supplies.
DIY Tie Dye Pencil Case
- Pick out a good rag, and lay some under the one you will use as the color will run.
- Cut down to an even-ish size you want.
- Cut velcro straps and affix, then use Iron as directed.
- Once velcro is secure, lay out flat and you or your little can design away.
- Fill spray bottle with some rubbing alcohol.
- Once design is done, take to an open air space and spray. You will see the colors start to blur and blend. Let dry.
- Once dry, fill with pencils, erasers, sharpeners and candy! Toss in your kids backpack for a special touch from you every day.
Quick, simple and fun! My daughter made like, 4 of these in one sitting. One for her and three for friends. I even made one into a makeup carrier for myself. It’s versatile and very inexpensive to make. So, make a bunch and have a blast!
Want more creative back-to-school ideas? Subscribe to the Lowe’s Creative Ideas magazine and download their magazine app so you can have inspiration on the go! And, don’t forget to follow Lowe’s on Pinterest or on Instagram.