I love music. I love celebrating music and what’s more, I love celebrating music with friends. On November 19th, my friends and I will be tuning into the Latin Grammys to watch amazing performances and dance along with our favorites. Since I’ll be having a few people over, I also wanted to make sure that we had a yummy treat to enjoy while watching the event. I decided to make a dessert I grew up with called Leche Asada that is made with whole milk. That means it’ll not only dance in their tastebuds but have a better for you boost because milk is fortified with vitamin D and it has other vital nutrients, including protein, phosphorous, vitamin A and some B vitamins.
So here’s to the Latin GRAMMYS and remember to Toma Leche!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Set a pot of water to boil on low while you prep the “leche.” Pre-heat oven at 200 degrees.
- Whisk 4 eggs for about 2-3 mins, add in sugar and whisk til blended.
- Add in milk and whisk til blended. About 2-3 mins.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon. Stir in.
- Pour mixture into 6 jars. I used 4 oz Ball Jelly Jars, which were perfect cause they are oven safe and the perfect size.
- In an over safe dish (I used an old Pyrex), pour boiling water in. Place jars into water, they should reach half the jar.
- Bake leche for 50-60 mins.
- Remove carefully from oven (there’s hot water!) and then remove jars to cool. Once cool, place in the fridge and serve cold 4-12 hrs later.