This is a sponsored post, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
In my home, cereal is not just a breakfast food…it’s a way of life. My husband can easily eat 8 bowls of cereal a day, my daughter loves to start her morning with one big bowl, and I love to snack on cereal at least once a day. Our favorite cereal? Honey Bunches of Oats, hands down. Now, there’s a new flavor- Honey Bunches of Oats CHOCOLATE.
This has been a great addition to our cereal collection because it’s fun and it’s so chocolatey! It fully satisfies those chocolate cravings we all have from time to time. Every spoonful is packed with that crunch we’ve come to expect from Honey Bunches of Oats and now, the addition of real cocoa, packs it with chocolate goodness….mmmm.
Each of us has our favorite way of eating it too. My daughter loves having it as a snack at school, so we fill a sandwich bag and she eats it dry at her snack break. My husband loves it swimming in milk…and drinking the chocolate milk after the cereal is gone.
I also love a bowl full as a night snack but I also love to make delicious snacks with it. One such recipe I found is for Chocolate-Coconut Macaroons. Easy to make and yet another way to experience everything that Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate can offer. Check it out below!
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup Honey Bunches of Oats Chocolate cereal, lightly crushed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar and salt until very frothy. Fold in coconut and cereal until moistened.
- Drop mixture into 2 inch rounds on prepared baking sheets. Bake until lightly golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Dip bottom part of macaroons into melted chocolate and place on parchment paper. Cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until set.
I cannot tell you enough how much I love this new addition to the Honey Bunches of Oats product line as they have been dedicated to being delicious and this new chocolate variety continues in the tradition of providing big flavor. Don’t take my word for it, try it yourself and let me know what you think!