This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Vive Mejor and Dime Media. However, all thoughts are my own.
A little over a year ago, I met my friend’s fiance who introduced me to Coquito. Coquito is this delicious Puerto Rican rum drink that is typically drank at gatherings over Christmas. Well, the weather is well over 100 degrees here, so it is definitely NOT Christmas but I still love Coquito. So, I decided why not still enjoy the wintery treat? I just needed to give it a summer twist, like a delicious Fruttare Mango popsicle to make it cool, fruity and fun.
I was so inspired after watching the TuTwist web series on ViveMejor.com. Tu Twist is on a mission to fill your bellies with food and laughter, where the key ingredient is Latinas’ fun-loving nature and culinary creativity. The series features mom’s go-to brands in the cocina such as Knorr, Hellman’s, Lipton, Fruttare and Breyer’s ice cream. The videos are hosted on ViveMejor.com, the online destination for recipes and kitchen hacks.
For my summer drink hack, I imagined having a few amigas over, relaxing by the AC as we binge watched our favorite shows and shared in a little chisme over our summers. I can’t wait til they try it, cause it is delicious! Check it out.
Mango Summer Coquito
- 1 box Fruttare Mango Fruit Bars (leave out for 10 mins to soften a tiny bit)
- 1 Cup Ice Cubes
- 1/2 cup Coquito-ish mix (see below)
- Shredded Sweetened Coconut
- Dash of Ground Ginger
Stir the following together until smooth. Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 small can Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup white Rum
- 1 tspn Vanilla Extract
- In a blender, add Mango Fruttare Fruit Bars without sticks. I broke them up by hand and used about 4 bars.
- Add ice and Coquito-ish mix. Blend on high, stirring often until it looks like a smoothie.
- Serve in glasses. Added shredded coconut to top, with a sprinkle of ground ginger for a yummy added kick.
Now I can enjoy my favorite drink, even when the weather outside isn’t so frightful! Want some inspiration of your own? Watch the webseries online at ViveMejor.com and use #TuTwist to share photos and your own recipe twists.