This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Herdez.
Now that school has started, schedules are crazy, which means that often times, my husband and my breakfast time is cut short. I am trying hard to get us both to eat well in the mornings, something packed with protein and filling, rather than reaching for a sugary pastry. We are both partial to breakfast sandwiches, so I decided to try making a bean patty, which would pack the flavor, the protein and the yum factor into our mornings!
Using Herdez® Instant Refried Beans, I can have a sandwich ready in 20 mins, which means, as the coffee is brewing, I am making my husband and I a great breakfast meal to kick start our day. How, you may be wondering? These NEW, delicious instant beans, are an Authentic Mexican brand, and they cook in 5 minutes! If that isn’t all, they come in a variety of flavors (Traditional, Jalapeno, Chorizo and Queso), so you can mix it up daily. Herdez® Instant Refried Beans delivers a restaurant quality experience with superior taste and texture in just minutes.
My favorite, is the Queso flavor, which is what I used to create this breakfast bagel. Check it out!
Easy Breakfast Bean Bagels
Ingredients (Makes 6 patties)
- 1 Package Herdez Instant Refried Beans
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slight beaten
- 1 cap of canola oil
- In a pan, add 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to boil. Stir in the Herdez Instant Refried Beans from the pouch, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat, uncover and stir. Cool for 5 mins in the fridge.
- Remove beans from fridge. In a bowl, add egg, bread crumbs, black pepper, garlic powder and beans. Mix for about 2 mins.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Start toasting bagels.
- Separate into small balls, press flat and add to skillet. Let cook 2-3 mins on each side and put on bagel.
- Make eggs, top with cheese and add to bagel. Add Herdez salsa if needed.
The best thing is you can pre-make the patties, freeze, and cut this down to 5 mins! Amazing! Currently, you can get Herdez Instant Refried Beans at your local Ralphs, Vons, Food4Less, Walmart, Albertsons and Northgate Market in the following cities:
- San Diego, CA
- Phoenix, AZ
- Las Vegas, NV
- Denver, CO
- San Antonio, TX
- Houston, TX
- Des Moines, IA
Every week you can enter to win t-shirts in the Frijoles Con Todo Social Media Sweepstakes. Simply share your favorite frijoles photo or video on Instagram using the hashtags #frijolescontodo and #sweepstakes. Be sure to mention @herdeztraditions for your chance to win a custom HERDEZ™ T-shirt.